Although Allot had established partnerships with many of the top service providers in Europe and Israel, it had struggled to get the same kind of traction in the U.S. Therefore, growing brand awareness in the States was a primary campaign objective.
Additional goals included:
- Reinforcing Allot’s market leadership as a multiservice platform provider for next-generation network-based solutions
- Maintaining Allot’s position in traditional (traffic management) markets
- Building the authority of key Allot spokespeople
Early on in the campaign we latched onto Allot’s core message that service providers are best positioned to deliver comprehensive security at the network level, which was especially relevant at a time when IoT-based DDoS attacks were becoming increasingly prevalent and gaining more media attention.
Without any customers in the U.S. to validate this message, we zeroed in on the company’s quarterly reports, which highlighted trends in mobile and IoT security and formed the basis of our media relations and thought leadership strategies. However, initial feedback from media revealed that the reports were too security-oriented for telco trades and too telco-oriented for security trades. We therefore helped Allot orient the research for specific audiences, creating two pillars of content based on a combination of technical and broader industry topics. Some example headlines are listed below.
- 4 ways service providers can better satisfy end user needs
- The secret to delivering a rapid, efficient and optimised network end-to-end
- Which type of employee is the weakest link in the security chain?
- 5 mistakes businesses make while managing their network
At the same time, we continued to build the profiles of company executives as industry experts through a combination of media briefings and rapid response opportunities on topics such as DDoS, data breaches, malware and NFV.
Our efforts helped to significantly improve Allot’s share of voice during 2018, supplemented by an increase in the amount of media coverage generated. This demonstrated the company’s security expertise, taking it to the next level in terms of its brand awareness and position within its key target industries and markets.