Launching a PR or marketing campaign in the DACH region might seem like a straightforward task, but the truth is it requires a different approach to countries like the UK and USA. There are a range of factors that businesses need to take into account. For example, not only does Germany, Austria and Switzerland speak 3 languages (German, French and Italian), the media landscape is still very print heavy and the region uses some unique social media platforms that businesses may not be familiar with.
In the latest edition of our Talking TechComms podcast, we built on our ‘myth-busting PR’ series of blogs by sending London lorry Dan Simpson out to our Belin office to sit down with our director of Germany, Saskia Stolper. As well as providing her insights into the key aspects of running a PR or marketing campaign in DACH, Saskia outlined the key misconceptions that businesses tend to fall foul of when expanding into the region.
The discussion covered several key areas, including:
- How to deal with multiple languages in the region
- The key challenges for international businesses trying to launch PR campaigns in DACH
- How to navigate the vast number of local and niche publications across the region
- How PR in DACH differs from other countries like USA or the UK?
- The skills businesses should look for from a PR agency operating in the DACH region
- The top tips for b2b companies looking to break into the region
Click below to listen to the full podcast and discover the nuts and bolts of rolling out a successful PR and marketing campaign in DACH.
Want to find out more about Convoy, our global PR network, or our PR and marketing services, visit our Contact Us page or drop us a line at email@example.com.