How we did it
We needed to educate journalists and inspire them with nuclear fusion’s potential to create unlimited green energy. To do this, we:
- Hatched a credibility-building strategy for Focused Energy’s scientists in science trades. We shared brand-new knowledge in thought leadership pieces and Q&As to pave the way for future coverage opportunities.
- Homed in on business press, prioritising valuable relationship-building over immediate coverage to establish trust. Reached out to major outlets like Reuters, CNBC, Forbes, New York Times, Huffington Post and others, offering background conversations about laser-based nuclear fusion.
- Added some sparkle for business press by organising a virtual tour of Focused Energy’s Texas lab. This also enabled us to engage state and federal politicians, which contributed to Focused Energy being chosen as one of the U.S. DoE’s flagship nuclear fusion projects.
An award-winning campaign
- ABA Stevie Awards: Gold in ‘Communications or PR Campaign of the Year, Climate Change’.
- PR Club Bell Ringer Awards: Silver in ‘High Tech Campaign’.
- Bulldog PR Awards: Bronze in ‘Best Green/Environmental/Sustainability Campaign’.
- PR News Platinum Awards: Honourable mention in ‘Campaign of the Year, Environment/Sustainability’.