In just over a month, the media and entertainment technology industry will converge on the entertainment capital of the world—Las Vegas—for the National Association of Broadcasters’ annual trade show, the NAB Show 2019. If you’re a marketing professional in the industry, you’re probably up to your eyeballs right now getting ready for the show.
To help ease the pressure a little, we’ve put together a handy list of NAB Show 2019 editorial deadlines in key U.S. and EMEA industry publications. Deadlines are approaching fast, so click here to download it now.
We also thought now would be a good time to offer a few tips to help increase your chances of being covered and ensure you give journalists what they need:
- Be sure to submit your NAB Show news by the deadlines listed—or sooner if possible to maximize your chances of being included. For example, while the official deadline for the coveted NAB Show Daily News is April 9, you’ll improve your chances if you submit your news earlier.
- But if you miss a few deadlines, don’t worry. Most publications will accept news for publication online and in e-newsletters right up until, and even during, the show.
- If you’re planning to make more than one announcement, consider staggering the news. As you’ll see from the list of editorial deadlines, there are opportunities in pre-show, show and post-show issues. Most companies tend to release all their news during the show but, unless you’re a big player or have a major announcement, it’s likely to get lost in all the noise. By releasing news before the show, you can help drive traffic to your booth while preventing your news from getting lost. A lot of journalists complain about a dearth of news immediately after a big show like NAB and are crying out for something interesting to cover, so holding some news back until the dust has settled can also work to your advantage.
- Provide images to go with your news. Publications will want product shots and screenshots to accompany their stories, but you’ll improve your chances of being included if you provide images that are eye-catching or creative.
- Finally, don’t forget to include your booth number so readers know where to find you.
Good luck! We look forward to seeing you in Vegas!
If you need help planning for NAB Show 2019 or would like to meet us there, please contact Kim Willsher at (+1) 310 773 3760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.