Want to explore an exciting opportunity in our new Berlin office? As an account manager, you will drive day-to-day activity on an account.
They are a capable and confident individual with a thorough understanding of the client servicing, client management and communications skills and techniques. They are experts in their business sector – including the media and influencer landscape, communications channels and opportunities.
The role focuses on executing the strategies and activities agreed with clients, ensuring that campaigns are delivered and the objectives achieved. The account manager is responsible for the quality of our services and makes sure that their teams are well organised and well managed.
The account manager is the lead contact for the client and plays a key role in building and maintaining client and influencer relationships.
- Take full responsibility for managing clients and overcoming any challenges within an account.
- Develop creative, integrated and strategically sound PR campaigns for clients to help them stand out from their competitors.
- Drive bespoke integrated programmes including traditional media, influencer relations, content marketing and digital.
- Work with your account director to set up and agree campaign KPIs and objectives.
- Monitor the success of a campaign against the KPIs and objectives, and work with the account director to develop campaign plans to achieve the goals set.
- Lead and coordinate the production of campaign plans, messaging sheets and quarterly campaign planning documents.
- Ensure we report to clients accurately each month.
- Lead client meetings and updates – make sure the team is well prepared and organised and everyone is fully briefed on the agenda and objectives.
- Help the account director manage budgets and resources – use data from Harvest timesheets to monitor servicing levels.
- Make sure every piece of content, report and presentation is of excellent quality. Coherent, on-message factually correct and well written.
- Build, strengthen and maintain strong relationships with key influencers in your industries – including journalists, industry analysts, consultants and stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and manage opportunities to ensure positive coverage for your clients in the agreed outlets – publications, social media, analyst reports, events and awards.
- Manage content and influencer marketing for your clients to ensure engagement and message delivery among key audiences.
- Brief and manage third-party suppliers, eg designers, research firms, photographers and video producers, to deliver quality work on time and in budget.
- Manage the relationship with Convoy partners and the client to deliver international campaigns.
- Maintain a high level of industry and sector knowledge to benefit you, your clients and your account teams.
- Work with the account director to drive growth from new business and educate other team members on the importance of this.
- Use your network – clients, partners, journalists and analysts – to make ten new contacts per month, with the goal of one new lead per quarter.
- Support the account director in driving additional revenue from existing clients with new ideas and campaigns.
- Contribute to new business activity by actively participating in brainstorms and making sure research and preparation for pitches and meetings with prospective clients is accurate, intelligently thought through and creative.
- Work with your account director and the commercial team to develop, structure, write and present creative new business proposals and presentations.
- Identify key opportunities for new business generation and work with the central commercial team on lead generation campaigns to help grow the agency.
- Play an active role in contributing to the lorry content plan and support others in the team to play their part in company PR and marketing activities.
Team management and culture
- Develop open, transparent and positive relationships with clients and other lorries.
- Become a positive driving force who can be trusted to run the accounts and influence more junior lorries.
- Instil a desire for industry-best service and quality throughout the team.
- Proactively manage, motivate and monitor your team, identify their training needs and helping them develop their careers and skillsets.
- Oversee ACs and AEs to make sure all client files are accurate, timesheets are completed and activities up to date.
- Be a brand ambassador for the company, focusing on raising awareness of the lorries at trade shows and events and online.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a 100-word (maximum) description of why you think you’d make a good lorry to Leah Coglin at firstname.lastname@example.org.